The biggest problem facing business today in the international (global) business arena is communications. More to the point... communications in English language, when English is their 2nd language.
Here are the lists of the top problems and issues facing businesses that have to communicate in English as a 2nd language:
Emails in English
- misunderstanding email messages written in English as a 2nd language
- not knowing how to workout what's being said in the email
- taking 3 plus hours to write a response in English as a 2nd language to an email
- not knowing how to ask or answer questions in English as a 2nd language
- not knowing how to structure an email
Presentations, Meetings and Negotiations (in English language)
- not knowing how to organize an event in English as a 2nd language
- not knowing how to structure a presentation in English
- not knowing how to drive or participate in a meeting in English
- not knowing how to negotiate in English as a 2nd language
- fear blocks the use of English and causes stress
It's difficult enough to read incoming messages in English that have been written by someone who speaks, reads and writes English as a 2nd language.
This problem is compounded when both the receiver and the writer of these messages speak English as a 2nd language!
The amount of lost profits to lost time measures in the millions of dollars a year... just on time/profit lost on email messages alone!
English Language Communications Training & Coaching | Brian McCarthy | Thailand
Many managers and business owners are not aware of the real time taken to read a "difficult to understand" email message and then to respond to this message.
The simple answer to all business communications in English as a 2nd language is: "Business English Language Communications Training and Coaching". My name is Brian McCarthy and I have been teaching, training, facilitating and coaching businesses for more than 15 years on ways to improve their business communications and massively increase their production and profits!