Qualifications & Experience
• WHO MAY APPLY: Click here for more information. You MUST have the identified eligibility in order to be considered. **Air Force is not responsible for erroneous eligibilities you list or fail to list**
• Air Force Employee - Current Permanent Competitive Service Career/Career-Conditional Employees and Current Permanent AF DCIPS Employees with Reinstatement Rights to the Competitive Service.
• You must be a United States citizen.
• SPECIALIZED EXPERIENCE: At least one (1) year of specialized experience at the next lower grade (GS-12) or equivalent. Specialized experience must include exercising second level supervisory and managerial authorities over the Operations Section, which includes unit Training, Readiness, and Plans functions. Responsible for providing advice and support to leadership across the entire spectrum of squadron activities. Reviews and structures organization to optimize use of resources and maximize efficiency and effectiveness of the organization.
• Federal Time-In-Grade (TIG) Requirement for General Schedule (GS) Positions: Applicants must have served at least 52 weeks at the GS-12 or higher grade (or equivalent in an alternate pay system) within the Federal Civil Service to be considered for referral. The purpose of TIG restrictions is to prevent excessively rapid promotions in competitive service GS positions and to protect competitive principles.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (KSAs)
Your qualifications will be evaluated on the basis of your level of knowledge, skills, abilities and/or competencies in the following areas:
• Knowledge of a wide range of manpower, personnel, education, family & readiness, instructional systems, and/or services operations, directives, programs, and procedures.
• Knowledge of safety, security, personnel management, and EEO regulations, practices, and procedures.
• Knowledge of financial, budget, and resource management practices and principles.
• Skill in gathering, assembling, and analyzing data/facts, developing conclusions, identifying trends, developing alternative/solutions, and making recommendations to resolve problems.
• Ability to plan, organize, and direct the functions and mentor, motivate, and appraise the staff of an organization through subordinate supervisors.
• Ability to analyze, plan, and adjust work operations of one or more organizational segments to meet program requirements and objectives within available resources.